Saturday, September 19, 2009

Diet & Exercise Update...

The past few weeks have been tough...

Food-wise, the novelty of trying healthy foods is wearing off. Luckily, I have found some foods that I like and are relatively healthy. I say "relatively" because while they are plant-based, they are also fairly high in fat. And I am not dropping weight as quickly as I would like.

On the other hand, I know that I should focus on the habits and actions ... and the results will follow. The good news is that I have eliminated nearly all of the "bad food" from my refrigerator and continue to purchase good stuff. In fact, this week I threw out some packages of bacon and sausage that had been in there forever (the expiration date wasn't even the same year). I know ... TMI !

Exercise-wise, I've been pretty good. I did a 5K "race" earlier this month and my time was 6 minutes faster than the (only) 5K race I did last year. No world records... just continuous progress. I even added an extra half mile to one of my daily workouts (and was amazed at how much it wiped me out). Of course the extra half mile was completely made up of a very steep uphill and then a steep downhill (both of which take it out of your legs).

What's next?
I can use your help. Do you have any great plant-based recipes? What has worked for your conversion to healthy eating? How can I speed up my progress and take it to a new level?
Please leave a comment below...

d.Mark "Dave" Wheeler

No comments:

Post a Comment