Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Inspiration from Erin Pavlina

This is from Erin Pavlina's "Spiritual Wisdom" eNewsletter...




Exercise Your Power
There's a difference between wanting and deciding.

When you want something, it's only a dream, set in the future. A hope. A possibility. But when you decide you will have something, you put power into the dream and make it a reality. What do you want so badly that you're willing to take action on it today?

Think of something you want, big or small, and put power into it. Go get it right now, or take a definitive step in the direction of obtaining it. When you take action in the direction a dream, it's like putting gas in the car. Without action, you go nowhere.

For example...
This past week I decided to make a few changes and not just "want" my goals.

First, I signed up for the Walt Disney World "Goofy Challenge". In case you have not heard, in January each year, Walt Disney World in Florida puts on the Disney Half Marathon on one day and the Disney (full) Marathon on the next day (Sat/Sun). The finishers of the half marathon get a finisher's medal in the shape of Donald Duck's silouette while the finishers of the full marathon get a finisher's medal in the shape of Mickey Mouse's silouette. For the highly motivated (and maybe a little crazy) people who complete both races (within a certain time limit), they get a "Goofy Challenge" medal ! That's right... I signed up to do a marathon and a half in about one year from now!

I guess I better get to the gym !

When I get back, I will post about my other decisions !

d.Mark "Dave" Wheeler

No comments:

Post a Comment